Monday, March 30, 2009

Intermission: The Lamb Knocks

So, I'm debating about what to write about next. Honestly, I'm afraid this thing is gonna die before it really gets off the ground, because I'll run out of ideas. However, I got a nice jump start today, with a slew of new music news that's pumped me up.

-August Burns Red's new album is DONE and the guys are predicting late June to early July for the release. I'm excited to see what Bible verses will be in it. Apparently, they'll be spoken word, in order to make sure that people know what's being said.

-The Devil Wears Prada's new album is out on May 5th. They've already posted a new song, "Dez Moines", which is pretty awesome. I like the guitar hovering over the breakdowns, rather than being mixed in. And now, they've got a live version of "I Hate Buffering", which too, is good. I still want to hear "Assistant to the Regional Manager" though....

-Techno Rock band And Then There Were None are shooting two videos, one for "Reinventing Robert Cohn" and one for "Thank the Watchmaker". Its been a while since I saw a decent techno video.

-Grindcore act Impending Doom is recording a video for "Serpent Servant". These guys are beast, but their videos are kinda lame. Hopefully this is better.

And now for the three things I'm anticipating the most:

3. Everyday Sunday is releasing "The Best Night of our Lives" on June 16th. Their last album, "Wake up! Wake up!" was awesome, and I have high hopes for it.

2. Relient K is recording a new album, and they've put up their first of four studio videos! I tell ya what, if I ever record an album professionally, I want to work with Mark Townsend. The man is amazing. And being in the studio with his would be so much fun. So yeah. My only problem is that all you get to hear in the video is some bass lines and a few drums. No doubt, it sounds good, but its difficult to gather anything about it. I don't care though. I'm excited. Also, Ethan Luck (the new drummer) seems so out of place, physically. He's all tattooed, he looks gruff, and he's got some piercings. But I love the man. His work with Demon Hunter (as their guitarist) is awesome, and he seems to really fit with the Relient K guys.

1. As Cities Burn will be releasing "Hell or High Water" on April 21st, and in celebration, they've got a new song up. "84' Sheep Dog". Its easily recognizable as an ACB song, complete with the distinct chord progressions that I've yet to hear anyone else utilize. However, its definitely still progress. Progress, but within the same, unique style. I'm not sure what's best about the song. The orderly chaos, the signature ACB guitar riffs, the faint bit of synth going on, or the guest vocals by previous vocalist TJ. TJ originally did the screams, but left after the first album to be with his family, so his brother Cody took over full vocal duty(as opposed to just doing clean vocals), essentially eliminating screams. However, TJ's signature scream is back, if only as a guest, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm interested to be able to distinctly learn the lyrics, other than the repeated "They fixed your brain, when you were young". I'm interested to hear what they're talking about. They always have deep lyrics. "What is love without trust? At my bid, would you bring your Isaac?" Oh yeah, I'm pumped.

Now I just figure out what to write about next. I was planning on doing something more light and happy (as opposed to the darker ABR post I did). Maybe The Rocket Summer, or Relient K. Seabird is also a potential choice, and Sent By Ravens. I dunno. As Cities Burn have officially thrown me into chaos. Go listen.

As Cities Burn Myspace
Relient K Studio Webisode

No comments:

Post a Comment